Designation: Teaching Assistant, History
Qualifications: M.Phil. (International Relations, 2009), MA (History, 2007), Diploma Course in French Language (2006);
currently pursuing PhD from the Department of International Relations on “International, Regional and
National Responses to Maritime Piracy in South China Sea and Gulf of Aden: The Contemporary Scenario”
Email Address: email@example.com
Area of Interest/ specialization: Maritime History and Historical Development during Colonialism and International Relations of Indian
Ocean and South East Asia, Sea-borne Piracy, Development of Legal Institutions in India and Social History
of Science and Technology.
She is a Teaching Assistant. She completed M.A in History from Jadavpur University. She previously worked under Ministry of Education, Singapore as Education Officer at O level for almost three years. Thereafter, she completed M.Phil. in International Relations from Jadavpur University. At present, she is pursuing PhD from the Department of International Relations from Jadavpur University
- “Pirates of Straits of Malacca: A Case Study of Sea Bourne Piracy in South East Asia” in History and Beyond: Trends and Trajectories, Edited by, Dr. Jenia Mukherjee and Dr. Chittabrata Palit.(Kunal Books, New Delhi, February 2014)
- “Indian Ocean in the 21st Century – The Trends of Maritime Piracy” in Indian Ocean: Geopolitical & Geostrategic Dimensions, Edited by Sayoni Choudhuri.
(Loreto College, Kolkata and Worldview, Kolkata, 2014)
- Contribution on Ram Krishna Das, Srihari Charan Das, Gobindra Chandra De, Adwaitya Charan Dhara, Govinda Charan Dhara, Baikuntha Nath Dinda, Chandra Mohan Dinda, Nanda Dulal Ghosh, Behari Lal Hajra, Sudhir Chandra Hajra, Harendranath Bhattacharya, Murari Mohan Bhattacharya, Nirendra Lal Bhattacharya, Bishnupada Chakrabarty, Hari Dayal Chakraborty, Kalipada Chatterjee, Bhupati Das, Bibhuti Bhusan Das, Chandra Mohan Das.
Dictionary of Historic Personalities: Bengal Chapter (1757-1947). The project proposal for the said dictionary was submitted to Sri Gopal Krishna Gandhi, the former Governor of West Bengal and it was subsequently approved and funded by the State Level Committee for the Celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the First Indian War of Independence. Project is still going on under Department of History, Jadavpur University, Kolkata – 700030. Publication Status: Pending.
Worked as a contributor of the project on Dictionary of Historic Personalities: Bengal Chapter (1757-1947) under Department of History, Jadavpur University, Kolkata – 700030. The said project is approved by Sri Gopal Krishna Gandhi, the former Governor of West Bengal and funded by the State Level Committee for the Celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the First Indian War of Independence.
- Faculty Development Program, NUSRL, Ranchi, Jharkhand. 25.01.2016 to 31.01.2016.
- UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Ranchi University, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- UGC-Sponsored Short Term Course in “Research Methodology” 27.07.2015 to 01.08.2015 Obtained Grade: A
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi, Jharkhand Two days National Seminar on Combating Black Money, Money Laundering: The Challenges Ahead to the Indian Economy. 9th and 10th May, 2015. Name of the Paper Presented: Maritime Corruption in the Indian Ocean: White Collar Piracy.
- Ministry of Education, Singapore. Curriculum Planning and Development Division Workshop on Teaching Civics and Moral Education November, 2010
- Adult and Continuing Education Department, Jadavpur University.
- Diploma Course cum Workshop in Science and Technology in Archaeological Study and Preservation, 2008 Grade A
- National Council of Education, Bengal, Kolkata- 32.
- Diploma Course in Social Work and Community Service, 2007
- The Course included different Workshops and hands on Projects at different NGOs like : – IPER, SILENCE etc. related to Non-Formal Education of the Street Children, Rehabilitation of the Drug Addicts and Senior Citizens at Old Age Homes.
- Centre Of Archaeological Studies & Training (Eastern Region) Camac Street, Kolkata(Diploma Course cum Workshop on Ceramics, 2006)