Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: B.Com(Hons.), LL.B., LL.M., Ph.D.
Email Address: email@example.com
Areas of Interest/Specialization: Environmental Law, Business Law, Family Law and Research Methods.
Mr. Partha Pratim Mitra is an assistant Professor. Currently, he is also the Assistant Dean (Academic Affairs) and Assistant Registrar (In-Charge). He did his LL.B., LL.M. and Ph.D. from the University of Burdwan. He has been teaching at National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi since December, 2011. Previously, he has taught at Bimal Chandra College of Law (The University of Kalyani), Law College Durgapur (The University of Burdwan) and at Midnapore Law College (The Vidyasagar University), West Bengal. He has published papers in reputed Journals and Law Reviews, and presented papers at national and international seminars and conferences. Recently, he has written a book titled Wild Animal Protection Laws in India (Lexis-Nexis, 2016).
- Wild Animal Protection Laws In India, Lexis-Nexis (2016)
- The Companies Act, 2013: New Challenges In Contemporary Indian Economy, Regal Publications, New Delhi
- Muslim Laws In India: Contemporary Issues & Challenges, YS Books International, New Delhi
Chapter in Books
- Chapter on ‘Development, Displacement and Right to Shelter in India’ in the Book
titled “HUMAN RIGHTS IN TWENTY FIRST CENTURY – AN ANTHOLOGY” by R. Cambray & Co. Private Ltd, Kolkata – 700013
- Chapter on ‘Hunting, Biodiversity and Right to Livelihood in India’ in the Book titled “ENVIRONMENT LAW AND CLIMATE CHANGE” by SBS Publishers & Distributors, Delhi 110002.
Articles in Journals
- Article on “Gold Investment In India: A Passage From Collective Investment To Public Deposit” in CORPORATE PROFESSIONALS TODAY, Vol 36, Issue 3, June 1 – 15, 2016
- Article on “Matrimonial Cruelty in Criminal Law: A New View” in INDIAN JOURNAL OF CRIMINOLOGY & CRIMINALISTICS, Volume: XXXIV No. 1, Jan-Jun, 2015
- Article on “Vishwa Lochan Madan Vs. Union of India, AIR 2014 SC 2957: A Judgment on Fatwa” in ALL INDIA REPORTER, November, 2015 [AIR 2015 Jour 226]
- Article on “Judicial Balance between Wildlife Conservation and Indigenous People in Developing Indian Society” in ENVIRONMENTAL AND FOREST LAW TIMES, June 2015 & July 2015 [2015(5)FLT Journal 58] [ISBN 975-81-89639-39-6]
- Article on “Rule of Law at Workplace and Natural Justice against Sexual Harassment: In reference with Justice Ganguly Episode” in MADRAS LAW JOURNAL , 15-05-2014 [(2014) 3 MLJ]
- (Co Authored) Article on ‘Laws for Conservation of Wildlife under the Indian Federal Structure’ in THE ENVIRONMENT, LAW & SOCEITY JOURNAL, Volume 1, 2013 [ISBN 978-93-5143-157-2]
- Article on ‘Habitual Offences and Conventional Law: Chit Funds under Indian Federalism’ in SEBI AND CORPORATE LAWS, November 2013  122 SCL 33 (Mag.) 33
- (Co Authored) Article on ‘Corporate Finance vis-à-vis Securities Laws with specific reference to the SEBI-Sahara tussle’ in CORPORATE LAW ADVISOR, July 2013  115 CLA (Mag.) 3
- (Co Authored) Article on ‘A New Look of Criminal Law and relook on Matrimonial Law’ in MADRAS LAW JOURNAL (CRIMINAL), 25-07-2013 [(2013) 3 MLJ (Cri)]
- Article on ‘A New Look on Matrimonial Cruelty within Criminal Law’ in INDIAN BAR REVIEW, October – December, 2012 [Vol. XXXIX (4) 2012]
- Article on ‘Development of Laws and Policies for Conservation of Wildlife in India’ in INDIAN BAR REVIEW, July – September, 2011 [Vol. XXXVIII (3) 2011]
- Article on ‘Child Sex Ratio, 2011: the Myth of Laws and the Reality of Policies’ in CRIMINAL LAW JOURNAL, August 2011 [Cr.L.J. 2011 Journal 250]
- Article on ‘Development of International Laws for Conservation of Wildlife’ in CALCUTTA LAW TIMES, (ISSN 0971-748X) April 2011 [JOUR (2011)2 CAL LT 7]
- Article on ‘Concept of Wild Animals under the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972’ in CALCUTTA HIGH COURT NOTES, April 2011 [(Jour) 2011(2) CHN 15]
- Article on ‘Ecotourism with Conservation of Wildlife in India’ in THE WEST BENGAL LAW REPORTER, April 2011
- Article on ‘Stoning for Crime of Adultery with Indian Reference’ in CRIMINAL LAW JOURNAL, January 2011 [Cr.L.J. 2011 Journal 1]
Seminar and Workshops
UGC Courses Attended
- UGC Sponsored Special Winter School at UGC – HRDC, RANCHI UNIVERSITY, Ranchi from 5th January 2016 to 25th January 2016
- UGC Sponsored Short Term Course in Research Methodology at UGC – HRDC, RANCHI UNIVERSITY, Ranchi from 27th July 2015 to 1st August 2015
- UGC Sponsored 81st Orientation Program at UGC – Academic Staff College, RANCHI UNIVERSITY, Ranchi from 5th January 2015 to 1st February 2015
Seminars & Workshops Organized
- Organized Two Day National Seminar as Convener on ICSSR sponsored “Role of Regulatory Agencies in Developing Business Laws in India” on 7th and 8th September, 2013 at THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF STUDY AND RESEARCH IN LAW, RANCHI.
- Coordinated and Arranged Two Day National Seminar as Assistant Dean on IIPA sponsored “Rural Consumers and the Market: Issues and Challenges”on 16th and 17th August, 2013 at THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF STUDY AND RESEARCH IN LAW, RANCHI and also delivered address at inaugural session and valedictory session.
- Organized One Day State Level Seminar cum Workshop as Faculty Advisor on “Scope of Legal Aid in Jharkhand” on 5th April, 2012 at THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF STUDY AND RESEARCH IN LAW, RANCHI.
Seminars & Workshops as Speaker
- ‘Welcome Address’ delivered in the inaugural session of the National Seminar on ‘Combating Corruption, Black Money, Money Laundering: The Challenges ahead to the Indian Economy’ organized by NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF STUDY AND RESEARCH IN LAW, RANCHI on 9th May 2015.
- Participated in the Faculty Orientation Program and Workshop held from 27th to 29th June, 2013 at THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF STUDY AND RESEARCH IN LAW, RANCHI and delivered a presentation on ‘Moot Court as a Teaching-Learning method’ on 27th June, 2013.
- Participated in the Faculty Orientation Program and Workshop held from 26th to 30th December, 2012 at THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF STUDY AND RESEARCH IN LAW, RANCHI and delivered a presentation on ‘Case Law Method of Teaching-Learning’ on 26th December, 2012.
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on ‘Human Rights in 21st Century: the Issues and Challenges’ organised by the Department of Law, THE UNIVERSITY OF BURDWAN on 30th &31th July, 2011 and presented a paper on “Development, displaced people and right to shelter in India” on 30th July, 2011.
- PLANNING COMMISSION sponsored National Seminar on ‘Trafficking of Women and Children: Issues and Way Forward’ organized by Bhavishya Educational & Charitable Society, West Bengal on 26th & 27th December, 2009 presented a paper on “The Trafficking in Women & Children: A Socio-Legal Challenge in India”
- Three days Intra-State networking of law schools on ‘An Initiative towards Access of Justice’ organized by NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF JURIDICAL SCIENCE, Kolkata on 9th to 11th January, 2009 and delivered a lecture on “Scope of Legal aid in legal education” on 9th January, 2009.
Guest Lectures / Invited Lectures
- Delivered lectures on Forests Laws, Marriage Laws, Succession Laws for Junior Judges at Jharkhand Judicial Academy on March, 2016
- Delivered lectures on Environmental Laws and Disaster Management Law at UGC – HRDC, Ranchi University on March, 2015
Seminars & Workshops Attended
- Three days workshop cum conference on ‘Information Technology laws and related Intellectual Property’ organized by Law Centre I, Faculty of Law, THE UNIVERSITY OF DELHI in collaboration with Department of Information Technology, India on 19th & 21st march 2010
- International Conference on ‘Development and Sustainability in the era of Globalisation’ organized by Department of Economics, THE UNIVERSITY OF BURDWAN on 29th & 30th December 2009
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on ‘Human Rights and values in Education’ organized by Post Graduate Department of Law, NORTH ORISSA UNIVERSITY on 25th & 26th October 2009
- National Seminar on ‘Human Rights Law: Trends and Challenges’ organized by THE UNIVERSITY OF BURDWAN with University Grants Commission on 25th & 26th July 2009
- National Seminar on ‘Human Rights and Environment’ organized by THE UNIVERSITY OF BURDWAN with National Human Rights Commission on 27th September 2008
- National Seminar on ‘The law of Intellectual Property Rights’ organized by THE UNIVERSITY OF BURDWAN with collaboration of Ministry of Human Resource Development, India on 2nd & 3rd August, 2003