Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualifications: B.A., LL. B., LL. M., Ph.D. from North Bengal University, studying LL. D. in WBNUJS, Kolkata.
Other Qualification: CSA( Certificate of Software Applications) & B.Mus (Bachelor of Music) Degree.
Area of Interest/ specialization: Human Rights& International Law, Environmental Law & Constitutional Law.
Dr. Mita Poddar is an assistant Professor in NUSRL Ranchi. She taught in LLB, LLM and honors courses and designed new curriculum including seminar paper. She also guided the researchers as a member of Board of Research. She has publications in the International and National Journals. She presented many papers in International and National Seminars and also organised a number of academic programmes including national and international seminar and training programmes. Her area of interest is Human Rights& International Law, Environmental Law & Constitutional Law.
Articles published in International and National journals:
- Political violence and Human Rights issues
- International human rights system to protect and promote the human rights of women in domestic legal system
- The Process of Social Exclusion and Inclusion A Legal Perspective
- Judicial Activism: A Reference To The Contributions By Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer In India
- The Environment Protection And Human Rights Issues In India
Research Project: Worked as Project Investigator for the Research Project entitled “ The Integrating Support Services with the Family Courts in the State of Sikkim” in center for Women Studies, University of North Bengal in the year 2004.
Seminar/Conference: List of Paper presentation in Conferences/Seminars:
- Invited Speaker in the International Conference in Taiwan – Has been invited as speaker. Topic – The Human Rights System to protect and promote the women’s rights: A reference to Domestic Legal System in India.
- UGC & ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar in Sikkim University: “Right to Clean Environment as Human Right”.
- UGC National Seminar in North Bengal University: “Role of Judiciary to achieve social Justice in India”.
- Seminar of University of North Bengal Department of Law: “Moot Court”.
- UGC National Seminar: “Legal Education and the Challenges of Globalisation”.
- Regional Level Symposium at NBU: Enrolment of an advocate, right to practice and all India Bar Examination”.
- UGC National Seminar in BHU: “Legal Issues on Human Cloning”.
- National seminar in NUSRL, Ranchi : “Corruption and Social Problems in India”
- National seminar in NUSRL, Ranchi: “ Tribal rights”
- National Workshop on Research methodology
Workshop/ Training attended:
- ICRC Teachers Training Programme
- Workshop in Research Methodology in Social Sciences organised by ICSSR & Sikkim University.
- State Level Workshop on “The Emerging Areas of Higher Education in the Context of Globalisation”. Midnapore College Midnapore, West Bengal.
- Ranchi University short term course on Research Methodology
- NUSRL Ranchi faculty development programme.
Others: Programmes Organised:
- Organised International Committee of the Red Cross & Sikkim University Teachers Training Programme on “International Humanitarian Law”.
- Organised UGC & ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on “Environment security and Human Rights Issues”.
- Organised Special Lecture Programmes by Foreign Delegates from Germany, Freiburg University, Xiamen Academy, China & Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Organised Winter Sojourn on Border Project – “understanding border in Indo Nepal & India Bangladesh Border”.
- Organised winter study tour on “Migrant workers in Airport Construction area, Sikkim & Darjeeling”.
- Organised Court Visit programme & Moot Court.
- Organised Seminar on “Customary Laws of North East India & Bhutan”.
- Organised two Special lecture programmes on Labour and Industrial law organised at NUSRL, Ranchi
Committee works: Recruitment Rules Committee, Basic facility for Women’s committee, Gender Sensitization Unit, University/College Affiliation Rules Committee.
State Labour Institute:
Teaching experience in the State Labour Institute, Government of West Bengal in the Course of Personnel Management. The subjects’ tought was Labour & Industrial Laws in the year 2002-2003
Department of Tea Management University of North Bengal:
Teaching experience in the course of Postgraduate Diploma in Tea Management in the Department of Tea Management, University of North Bengal. The subject’s tought was Labour & Industrial Laws in the year 2004.
At Central University Level:
Head & In-charge of Law Department at Central University: Department Coordinator of the Department of Law, Sikkim University in 2010 Warden of Sikkim University Girls Hostel at College Level Administration:
Secretary, Teachers Council:
Elected as the Secretary of Teachers Council in Balurghat Law College in the year 2005.
Lecturer in Charge:
Lecturer In charge of Balurghat Law College in the year 2006.
At University Examination Level:
Paper Setter cum Examiner in the University of North Bengal in the year 2004 as well as the Paper Setter of the University of Gour Banga in the year 2009 and Paper setter cum examiner and observer in the Central University examinations.
Convener of Magazine Committee in Balurghat Law College.
District Legal Services Authorities Level:
Was nominated the Judge of Lok Adalat for the disposal of various cases in the District if Dakshin Dinajpur as nominated by the Chairman of District Legal Services Authority.
Programme in All India Radio:
Speech on “Women’s Rights in India” in All India Radio Station Gangtok.
Studying LL.D. in West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata.
Foreign Country Visit:
- Visit to Taiwan: Has been invited as Speaker in International Conference in Taiwan.
- Visit to Nepal: Visited Nepal for field research work on Border project.
A Radio speech in All India Radio Siliguri in 1993 on “Pritikin Program” Dr. Nathan Pritikin was an American inventor, nutritionist and longevity researcher.
- Performed as a Bhajan Artist in All India Radio siliguri
- Won various first prizes & medals in the University Cultural competitions & Regional level competitions.