Designation: Assistant Professor of Law
Qualifications: M.A., LL.M., M.Phil., Ph.D., D.S.W.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No.: +91-7250-171949
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
Public law in general, and Public International Law in particular, along with allied interdisciplinary areas
of study in social science.
With a decade of engagement in academics, he has had fifty-odd pieces of publication to his credit. He presented his ideas and opinions in fifty-odd academic events, delivered several lectures on invitation for diverse occasions in different institutions of repute, attended ITC programme at Turin (Italy) with Travel Fellowship awarded by the International Labour Organization, Geneva (ILO), served National Institute of Disaster Management, New Delhi (NIDM) through his consultancy services, chaired technical sessions for academic deliberations, as part of outreach initiatives. Before joining NUSRL Ranchi, he served few premier institutions including NLU Jodhpur. As a member of statutory bodies- e.g. Academic Council, Executive Council, and General Council- of NUSRL Ranchi, he offered contribution to institution-building process during formative years of the institution. Besides teaching undergraduate and graduate students, he is engaged in supervision of preparation of dissertations for four researchers in their Ph.D. programmes as well. At present, as part of Journal and Editorial Committee (JEC), Library Committee, Distance Education Programme, etc. he facilitates academic administration of the institution.
Inventory of Publication
- “Executive Discretion under the Constitution: Law and Practice in Public Administration”, book (coauthored), ABC Press, New Delhi, 2015, pages 205 [ISBN 978-81-931091-1-3] http://abcpress.in/
- “Traditional Cultural Expressions and the Law in India”, book (coauthored), LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, Deutschland (Germany), 2014, pages 132 [ISBN 978-3-659-25002-6] https://www.lap-publishing.com/catalog/details//store/gb/book/978-3-659-25002-6/traditional-cultural-expressions-and-the-law-in-india
Contribution to Edited Book
- “Political Sociology of Law: An Interdisciplinary Approach”, in Pradip Basu (ed.), Political Sociology, Setu Prakashani, Kolkata, 2015, p. 226-239. ISBN 978-93-80677-71-2.
- “Snowball Syndrome of Judicial Review: Toward Potential Crisis of Realpolitik under the (Dis)guise of Constitutional Governance in India”, Manik Chakraborty et al (ed.), Burdwan University Law Review, March 2014, p. 20-35. ISBN 978-81-925800-4-3.
- “Intellectual Property Rights of the Indigenous Peoples in India vis-à-vis Traditional Medicinal Knowledge: A Socio-Legal Analysis under Human Rights Jurisprudence”, as part of book by Subhram Rajkhowa and Manik Chakraborty (ed.), Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights: The Quest for Justice, R. Cambray & Co. Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata, 2009, p. 67-102. [ISBN 978-81-89659-08-0] http://www.rcambray.com/web/index.jsp
- “State Policy toward Ultra-left Movement: A Critical Perspective of Constitutional Jurisprudence in India”, in Pradip Basu (ed.), Discourses on Naxalite Movement: Insights into Radical Left Politics, Setu Prakashani, Kolkata, 2010, p. 377-394. [ISBN 978-93-80677-00-2]
- “Research Initiatives in Law Schools: A Rudimentary Roadmap for Reforms of Hitherto Trend in India”, as part of Working Papers on National Consultation for Second Generation Reforms in Legal Education, organized by National Law University, Delhi in association with Bar Council of India and Minstry of Law and Justice, Government of India, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on May 1-2, 2010, p. 123-129.
- “John Rawls”, in Pradip Basu (ed.), Avenel Companion to Modern Social Theorists, Avenel Press, Burdwan, W.B., 2011, p. 149-164. [ISBN 978-93-80761-14-5]
- State Subsidy vis-à-vis Fossil Fuel and Climate Change: A Contemplation on Law and Governance in India, with Aloke Prabhu, in P. Sigamony and N.U. Khan (ed.), Reinventing Public Management and Development in Emerging Economies, Part III- Environment and Sustainable Development, Chapter 33, Mcmillan Publishers India Ltd., New Delhi, 2011, p. 564-575 http://www.macmillanindia.com/ [ISBN 978-02-30332-73-7]
- “Colonized Modernity and Judicial Process in India vis-à-vis Administration of Criminal Justice”, as part of book by Pradip Basu (ed.), Colonial Modernity: Indian Perspectives, Setu Prakashani, Kolkata, 2011, p. 28-42 [ISBN 978-93-80677-13-2].
- “Celluloid Narrative of Power-Plunder-Protest Syndrome: An Avant-garde Study of (Satyajit) Ray’s Hirak Rajar Deshe”, as part of book by Pradip Basu (ed.), Red on Silver: Naxalites in Cinema, Setu Prakashani, Kolkata, 2012, p. 356-374 [ISBN 978-93-80677-22-4]
- Two articles titled as (i) “Aviation Environmental Protection: Imperative for a Sustainable Movement through Omission of (Toxic) Emission” and (ii) “Aviation Environmental Protection: Toward a Quieter Movement in (Larger) Public Interest”, as part of book by Ranbir Singh et al (ed.), Current Developments in Aviation and Space Law, National Law University Press, Delhi, 2012, p. 26-56 [ISBN 978-81-923638-4].
- “(Lack of) Concern for Environment under Law of Consumer Protection: A Black Hole in the Universe of Rights Jurisprudence”, as part of book by Suresh Mishra et al (ed.), Consumer Concerns in the 21st Century: Socio-legal Perspectives, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi, 2012, p. 185-196 [ISBN: 81-86641-64-5]. http://www.iipa.org.in/
- “Environ of Trade v. Trade of Environ: A Critical Appreciation of Indo-US Nuclear Cooperation Agreement”, as part of book by Ranjana Ferrao (ed.), State Responsibility in Disaster Management in India, LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, Deutschland (Germany), 2013, p. 60-71. [ISBN 978-3-659-35396-3].https://www.lap-publishing.com/
- Odyssey toward Other India: A Critical Appreciation of the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), in Debabrata Dasgupta et al (ed.), Integrated Rural Development and Management: Issues, Strategies and Policy Options, Agrobios (India), Jodhpur, 2012, p. 313-322.
- “Meta-Law: Ramblings at Random with Ramifications on interstellar Relations and Inter-terrestrial Law in Infinite World”, in V. Balakista Reddy and Rahul J. Nikam (ed.), Space Law and Contemporary Issues: Perspectives on Asia-Pacific Region, Asia Law House, Hyderabad, 2012, p. 419-430 [ISBN 978-93-81849-75-0].
Contribution to Peer-reviewed Journal
- “Discretion in the Law of Direct Taxation: A Source of Aberration for Rule of Law under the (Dis)guise of Tax Assessment”, ITMU Law Review, Vol. 1, Issue 1 (January- June 2015), p. 14-25 [ISSN 2321-9904]. Available at: http://www.ncuindia.edu/images/pdf/ITMU%20Law%20Review.pdf
- “Global Climate Justice as Newer Goalpost before the Non-Aligned Movement”, Journal of Environmental Law Policy and Development (JELPD), Vol. 3 (2016), National Law School of India University, Bangalore, p. 51-70 [ISSN (O) 2348-7046].
- “Law and Governance: A Quest for Strategic Points of Synergy”, lead article, VBU Journal of Law and Governance, Vol. 2, No. 1, January 2015, p. 1-11 [ISSN 2349-8188] http://www.vbuniversity.in/index.php
- “Role of National Electoral Praxis in International Good Governance: Ramblings with Ramifications”, International Journal of Transparency and Accountability in Governance, Theme: Electoral Reforms and Accountability of Electoral Representatives of People, Vol. I, May 2015, p. 89-110. ISSN 2395-4337. http://www.nludelhi.ac.in/
- “Statutory Caretaker(s): New Legislative Experiments from Crusader Perspective”, RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review, Patiala, May 2015. ISSN 2347-3827. http://rgnul.ac.in/rfmlawreview/index.htm
- “Introspection on Diversity in Boardroom from Governance Perspective”, Journal on Governance, Vol. 1, No. 8, 2014, p. 1009-1017. The journal is now published by National Law University, Jodhpur as ‘Journal on Corporate Law and Governance’ http://gov.nlujodhpur.ac.in/journal-on-governance
- “Criminal Liability in Cases of Gross Medical Negligence: Crossroads of a Medico-legal Conundrum Ahead”, Amity Law Review, Vol. 10, 2014, Delhi, p. 75-90. ISSN 2249-2232. http://www.amity.edu/als/
- “Habitat-forest-climate Cycle: Flip Side of REDD+ Paradigm in South Asian Reality”, Journal of and Social Policy, Vol. 2, No. I, January 2013, p. 21-32. Department of Law, Bahria University, Islamabad, Pakistan. ISSN 2220-7627. http://www.bahria.edu.pk/buic/law/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Vol2IssueI.pdf
- “Impact of Climate Change on Coastal Population: A Socio-legal Stocktaking toward Sustainable Development”, Ambedkar Law University Journal, Vol. VI, 2013, p. 194-210. Published by the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University. ISSN 0976-965X. http://www.tndalu.ac.in/
- “Baglihar Model in Sharing Water Resources: (Jurisprudent) Lessons Learnt and Apprehensions Ahead”, (refereed) Kashmir Journal of Legal Studies, Volume 3, 2013-2014, Special Issue, p. 123-138 [ISSN 2250-2084]
- “Climate Relations: Jurisprudent Proposition towards BASIC-BRICS Merger for Greening the Intercontinental Geopolitical Alliance”, the West Bengal Political Science Review, Vol. XV and XVI, 2012 and 2013, p. 221-238 [ISSN 2230-8296] http://www.wbpsa.org/publication.html
- “A Conundrum of Public-Private Dichotomy in Climate Change Jurisprudence”, HNLU Journal of Law and Social Sciences, Volume I, No. I, July- December, 2012, p. 46-54. ISSN 2347-839X http://hnlu.ac.in/
- “Reversal of Vulnerability in Marriage: A Juridical Study with Special Reference to Domestic Violence”, Galgotias Journal of Legal Studies, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2013, p. 1-15 [ISSN 2321-1997]
- “Forest Rights as Appurtenant to Social Inclusion in India: A Socio-legal Study”, Chotanagpur Law Journal, Vol. 6, No. 6, 2012-2013, p. 140-150 [ISSN 0973-5858] http://www.cnlawcollege.org/
- “New Economic Policy in Globalized India: A Juridical Reading of Emerging Economic Agenda from Constitutional Perspective”, lead paper in International Journal of Legal Studies and Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, March 2013, p. 1-19 [ISSN (O): 2278-4764] http://www.ijlsr.in/home
- “Historiography of Constitutional Law in Modern India: A Juridical Reading from Rights Perspective”, Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, No. 9, 2012, p. 23-36. ISSN 0973-8738. http://www.scottishchurch.ac.in/jhss.htm
- “Looking Back at Earlier Crossroads of Climate Change: Climate Diplomacy and Development Diplomacy at Loggerheads”, International Journal of Law and Policy Review (IJLPR), Vol. 1, No. 2, July 2012, p. 203-216. [ISSN (O): 2278-3156] http://www.ijlprnujs.com/
- Climate Change, Technology Transfer and Its Patentability in the Globalized Market Economy: Quest for a Jurisprudent Balance, lead paper in Scholasticus, Journal of National Law University, Jodhpur, Vol. 8, No. 1 & 2, August 2011, p. 1-18. [ISSN 0975-1157] http://nlujodhpur.ac.in/scholasticus.php
- Aviation Insurance: A Conundrum of (Juris)Prudent Assessment of Risk vis-à-vis Third Party Protection, in Asian Journal of Air & Space Law, Vol. I, No. 1, p. 107-119. [ISSN 2250-1789]
- “Negligence Syndrome in Road Accident: A Question of Judicial Policymaking with special reference to Criminality”, coauthored with Anup Shaw as coauthor, in KIIT Journal of Law and Society, Vol. I No. 1, 2011, p. 135-154. [ISSN 2231-5144] http://kls.ac.in/
- “Writ of Habeas Corpus and Its Application: A Critical Appreciation of Liberty Discourse in Postcolonial India”, in “The Writ of Habeas Corpus (Part II) – Reflecting on the State of Legal Remedy in India and Comparative Perspectives from Myanmar”, LST Review, Vol. 21, Issue 277, November 2010, published by Law and Society Trusts, Colombo, Sri Lanka, p. 13-23. [ISSN 1391-5770] http://www.lawandsocietytrust.org/web/
- “IRCTC v. TV Today Network Limited”, RMLNLU Journal, Vol. 6 (2014), Eastern Book Co., Lucknow, p. 98-104 [ISSN 0975-9549]
- “Insurance Case: An Epic Justice for Rule of Law and Good Governance in India”, Manupatra– Competition Law Reports (CLR), Volume 3, Part 2, October 2015, New Delhi, p. 117-121.
- “Round the World of Legislation in Twenty Years: An Odyssey with Legislative Odds”, International Journal of Legislative Drafting and Law Reform, Vol. 3, Issue 1 (June 2015), p. 91-97. Published in London, UK. ISSN 2050-5191 (online) http://www.legislativedraftingjournal.com/ Book: K. Chakrabarti, Principles of Legislation and Legislative Drafting, 3rd ed., R. Cambray & Co. Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata, 2014.
- “Corruption Therapy for Public Administration: A Treatise in Tune with Contemporary Indian Reality”, The Indian Journal of Political Science, Vol. LXXV, No. 1, January-March 2014, p. 187-192. ISSN 0019-5510.
- NUSRL Journal of Law and Policy, Volume 1, No. 1, 2014, p. 161-164 [ISSN 2349-9982], Satyam Law International, New Delhi, 2014. Book: Uday Sankar and Saurabh Bindal, Constitutionalizing Intellectual Property, Satyam Law International, New Delhi, 2013.
- Agricultural Market: A Long-pending Subject-matter that Requires Prognosis, in the CNLU Law Journal, Volume 4, 2014, Eastern Book Co., Lucknow, p. 192-196 [ISSN 0976-805X]. Book: Shweta Mohan, Legal Regulation of Agricultural Procurement and Processing in India, Satyam Law International, New Delhi, 2012.
Contribution to Occasional Paper Series
- Land, Law and Liberty: A Comparative Study of Legislative Politics in India, in Alok Kumar Gupta (ed.), Tenancy Act in Jharkhand: Issues and Imperatives, NUSRL Occasional Paper, Vol. II, No. 1, June, 2011, p. 25-37. [ISSN 22784144]
- A Kaleidoscopic Overview of Corruption toward Introspective Contemplation with Special Reference to India, in Alok Kumar Gupta (ed.), Corruption at High Places, NUSRL Occasional Paper, Vol. I, No. 1, June, 2011, p. 77-98. [ISSN 2278-4144]
- “Plagiarism from Intellectual Property Perspective: A Devil’s Advocacy”, in Sreenivasa Murthy, M.R. (ed.), Intellectual Property Rights, NUSRL Occasional Paper, Vol. II, No. 2, June, 2012, p. 43-52 [ISSN 2278-4144]
Contribution to Newsletter
- “Customary Law on Intellectual Property in Globalized India”, a short note contributed as lead column of WISDOM, Vol. 1, Issue 4, September-December, 2013, P. 2, a newsletter of the Centre for Tribal and Customary Law (CTCL), Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi http://www.cuj.ac.in/
- “Carbon Credit as Synergy of the Trade-Environment Face-off: A Juridical Study”, a short note contributed in the invited column of ENVOICE, Vol. 4, No. 1, April 2003, p. 3., a newsletter of Vivekananda College, Thakurpukur affiliated to University of Calcutta http://www.vivekananda-college.org/
Contribution as Content to Legal Academic Literature
- “Human Rights Treaty Bodies”, @ the e-PG pathshala of National Mission on Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development project, Government of India, New Delhi http://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/ For individual performance, browse here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoNbVewaZLI#t=81
- Guest Editor, VBU Journal of Law and Governance, Vol. 1, No. 1, January 2014 [ISSN 2349-8188]; a biennial peer reviewed interdisciplinary journal published by University Law College, Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag, Jharkhand http://www.vbuhazaribag.org/website/ulc/index.php
- Guest Editor, Rostrum’s Law Review, Vol. 1, Issues III and IV, November 2013 and February 2014 respectively [ISSN 2321-3787]; a peer reviewed quarterly interdisciplinary journal published by Speak Up Publications, Bhopal, M.P. http://rostrumlegal.in/articles/rostrum-law-review/
- “Compendium on Rules, Policies and Strategies for Mainstreaming Conservation and Sustainable Use of Medicinal Plants Diversity in Chhattisgarh State (UNDP-GEF-GoI Project)”, a 204-page compendium of juridical instruments published by the C.G. State Medicinal Plant Board, Raipur for regional workshop on Conservation and Sustainable Use of Medicinal Plants, 2009 organized by State Medicinal plants Board, Raipur in collaboration with sub-regional office of the United Nations Development Program, New Delhi, the Global Environment Faculty and Environment Ministry, Government of India on September 30, 2009. http://cgvanoushadhi.gov.in/
Contribution to Newspaper
Contribution as part of Editorial column, Central Chronicle, Raipur, C.G.. http://www.centralchronicle.in/
- “Education of labour or labour of education?” April 14, 2010 (Wednesday), page 8.
- “International labour day in the globalized India” May 1, 2010 (Saturday), page 8.
- “Tagore and Conundrum of Governance” May 8, 2010 (Sunday), page 8.
- “Child and the Law in India” May 10, 2010 (Monday), page 8.
- “The flip side: Limited Liability Partnership in India” May 28, 2010 (Friday), page 8.
- “Contemporary Bengal: Within a Low Intensity Civil War” March 31, 2011 (Thursday), page 8.