Designation: Assistant Professor, Philosophy
Qualifications: Ph.D. (Philosophy), M. Phil. (Philosophy), M.A. (Philosophy), Master’s in Applied Ethics
Others: Workshop, Guest Lecture, Summer/Winter School, Fellowship
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A brief bio-data about yourself: Dr. Arabinda Sahoo is an Assistant Professor in Philosophy. He did his Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. He has done his M.A. and M.Phil. in Philosophy from University of Hyderabad. He was awarded Erasmus Mundus Fellowship to pursue Master Degree on Applied Ethics at Linkopings University, Sweden and Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway. His area of interest includes Action Theory (Philosophy of Human Action), Logic and Legal Reasoning, Applied Ethics and Moral Psychology.
- Panda, R. K, & Sahoo, A., “The Normative Significance of Intentional Action,” Praxiology and Reason for Action: Broadening the Borders,(Eds.) P. Makowski, M. Bonecki & K. Nowak-Posadzy, New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Publishers, 2015. (Forthcoming)
- 2013 Presented paper (by Co-author Prof. Ranjan K. Panda) in ECTA 2013: European Conference on Theory of Action, “The Normative Significance of Basic Action,” in Poznan, Poland, 12th – 14th June, 2013.
- 2010 Presented Paper in the 85th Indian Philosophical Congress, “Actions and Happenings” in Guahati University, Assam, 26th – 29th October 2010.
- 2009 Presented paper in an International Conference on Language, Mind and Social Construction, “Freedom and Moral Responsibility: An Appraisal of Frankfurt’s Approach to Compatibilism” in Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 9th – 11th February 2009.
- 2007 Participated in the 19th annual session of the All Orissa Philosophy Association held at Christ College, Cuttack, 21st – 22nd January 2007.
- 2006 Presented a paper on International Philosophy Day Seminar “The Notion of Intention; A Tour with Donald Davidson”, held at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 18th November 2006
- 2005 Presented Paper in the 80th Indian Philosophical Congress, “Freedom and Agency” in University of North Bengal, Darjeeling, West Bengal, 24th – 26th October 2005.
- 2015 Participated in a Short Term Course on Research Methodology sponsored by UGC held at Academic Staff College, Ranchi University, Ranchi, from 27th July – 1st August, 2015.
- 2015 Participated in a Textual Workshop on Tarkasangraha of Annambhatta held at Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Academic Centre, Lucknow, from 19th – 31st January, 2015
- 2014 Was invited to participate in the Two-Week Capacity Building Workshop for Faculty Members held at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, from 13th – 25th January 2014.
- 2013 Delivered five lectures on the relation between Logic and Law and Logical Fallacies as Guest lecturer to B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) & B.SC.LL.B.(Hons.) in Bihar Central University, Gaya Campus, Bihar, 25th–29th November 2013.
- 2011 Delivered two lectures on “The Core Principles of Philosophy” in Judicial Academy of Jharkhand, 31st March and 8th June 2011.
- 2009 Was invited to participate in the Advanced Winter School on Philosophy for the Social Sciences held at the ICSSR Western Regional Centre, Mumbai, from 23rd – 31st January 2009.
- 2009 Participated in the three days workshop titled “The Embodied Self and Shadows of Ignorance: A Contemporary Introduction to Indian Philosophical Debates” held at Mohile Parikh Centre, Fort, Mumbai from 20th – 22nd May 2009.
- 2009 Was invited to participate in the three week Summer Course on Philosophy for the Social Sciences and Humanities held at National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, from 8th – 26th June 2009.
- 2007 Was awarded Erasmus Mundus Fellowship for Pursuing Master Degree on Applied Ethics at Linkopings University, Sweden and Norwegian University of Science