Name : Ms. Neha Choudhury
Academic Qualifications and Achievements
- Currently pursuing PhD from WBNUJS Kolkata
- Completed L.L.M. in 2014 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences with specialisation in Commercial Law.
- Qualified UGC NET in December 2013 and in December 2014
- Qualified All India Bar Examination in 2013.
- Completed B.A.L.L.B (Hons.) from Department of Law, Calcutta University in 2012. Have been ranked third in the Honours Merit List.
- Passed CISC from Welland Gouldsmith School in 2007 (Commerce Stream)
- Passed CISCE from Welland Gouldsmith School in 2005
- Recipient of Indian Council of Social Science Research Doctoral Fellowship.
- Interned with Advocate C.S. Hirawat (practicing in City Civil Court, Kolkata) for six months.
- Taught Legal Reasoning to CLAT 2014 Batch at Success Point.
- Currently working as Research Assistant at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences for the West Bengal Judicial Academy Project Titled ‘Application of Technology in Judicial Adjudication’ under the Principal Investigator Dr. Sreenivasulu N.S. since September 2014.
- Worked as visiting faculty at Surendranath Law College under University of Calcutta from May 2016 to December 2016.
- Worked as visiting faculty at Heritage Law School under University of Calcutta from May 2016 to February 2017.
- Submitted Dissertation on the topic ‘Legal Perspectives on Intellectual Asset/ Property Management’ as a part of course work during my masters.
- Submitted Research Paper on ‘Rape- The Most Heinous Crime Against Woman – A Human Right Perspective’ (as a part of course work, during final year of graduation) for Seminar on Implementation of International Human Rights Standard.
- ‘Patents and Competition Law’ has been accepted for Publication in JORNAL OF COMPETITION LAW AND POLICY, Volume 1, Issue 1.
- Presented paper on ‘Act v. Omission vis-a-vis Santhara v. Euthanasia’ in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Euthanasia and its Legal Status’ organised by South Calcutta Law College on 12th and 13th September 2013
- Presented paper on ‘Eradicating Delinquency Through Governing Delinquency- Rethinking on the method of Legalizing Suicide in India’ in National Seminar on Juvenile Justice System in India organised by Amity University on 14th October 2016.
- WIPO Seminar on ‘Patent Cooperation Treaty’, held at WBNUJS
- Seminar on ‘Violence against Woman’ held at Surendranath Law College
- Conference on ‘Future Development in Space Law’ held at WBNUJS
- Seminar on Competition Law held at WBNUJS
- Seminar on Food Security in India jointly organised by Food and Suppliers Department, Government of West Bengal and WBNUJS, Kolkata.
- National Seminar on ‘Legal Aspects of Animal Welfare in India’ held at WBNUJS Kolkata.
- National Seminar on ‘Food Security in India” held at WBNUJS Kolkata
- National Conference on ‘ Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016’ held at WBNUJS, Kolkata
- Attended ‘One Day Teachers Training Programme’ on IPR organised by MHRD Chair, WBNUJS.
- Attended National Conference on Doctrinal Legal Research in National Law University, Delhi.
- Attended One Day Faculty Orientation Programme in Criminal Law at WBNUJS, Kolkata.
- Assisted MHRD IP Chair, WBNUJS for organizing One Day Roving Seminar on Patent Cooperation Treaty in association with WIPO and FICCI under the supervision of Dr. Sreenivasulu N.S.
- Worked as a Rapporteur in “One Day Training Programme on Mediation’ organised by West Bengal Judicial Academy.
- Member of the Review Board of International Journal of Legal Research and Governance.
Areas of Special Interest
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Contracts
- Family Law
- Law of Crimes
- Technology Law