Dr. Biswanath Gupta
Assistant Professor of Law
NUSRL, Ranchi, India
Ph. No. +91-8902659955
- LL.M from the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, India.
- B.A.LL.B(Hons) from Tripura University, Agartala, Tripura.
- Ph.D at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. (Thesis Title: Liability for Commercial Activities in Outer Space: Need for a Legal Framework in India)
- Worked as a Assistant Professor of Law at KIIT Law School, Bhubaneswar.
- Research Interest: international law, international space law, and development of international law.
Teaching in KIIT Law School
- Public International Law
- Universal Jurisdiction of International Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Organizations
- Gupta, B,. Sinha, R, Sustainability of Space Program at The Challenge Of Space Debris In The Outer Space, IOS Press, Environmental Policy and Law 48.1
- Biswanath Gupta, Dr.Raju. KD, “Commercial Outer Space Activities: Need for Legal Regime in India”, RMNLU Law Review, Vol. 5, 2014
- Biswanath Gupta, Dr.Raju. KD, “Product Liability in Outer Space Activities: Need for an International Legal Regime”, Indian Journal of Air and Space Law, NALSAR University, Vol. 1, 2015.
- Biswanath Gupta, Dr.Raju. KD, “Studying Paradigms in
NationalSpace Legislation: Searching for a Basic Legal Framework in India”, Indian Journal of Air and Space Law, NALSAR University, Vol. 1, 2015.
- Gupta, B. and Raju, K.D., Space Exploration byIndia and Socio-economic Cooperation with SAARC Countries. India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, 72(3), (2016) pp.278-289.
- Gupta, B. and Raju, K.D, TheScope of Space Environmentalism under International Space Law, Book Chapter, APH Publications, 2016.
- Gupta, B and Raju, KD, Liability Sharing Mechanism for Commercial Outer Space Activities in Different National Space Jurisdiction: A Comparative Study for Framework in India, Eastern Law House (accepted).
- Gupta, B. and Raju, K.D, 16.1 59 – 64 astropolitics Chartering into Territories into Outer Space: Need for a Legal Framework in India.
- Sleeted for Summer School in international law at University of Geneva.
- Cleared Tripura Judiciary written exams in 2013.
- Associated with various NGO’s in Tripura.
- Practicing experience in High Court of Tripura.
- Attended many national/international conferences and presented paper.
- Won many debate and speech competition during college time.
- Attended Short Term Course at McGill University, Canada on Space Law.
- Invited as a judge in Menfred Lachs Moot Court in Indian round 2017, Bengalore.